Accor’s ‘Work Your Way’ program revolutionises recruitment in the tourism sector
ACCOR, AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND’S LARGEST HOTEL OPERATOR, FACES A CRITICAL SHORTAGE OF WORKERS AS TOURISM BEGINS TO BOUNCE BACK
ACCOR LAUNCHES ‘WORK YOUR WAY’ PROGRAM TO LURE TOP TALENT TO TAKE UP OVER 1,200 JOBS AVAILABLE ACROSS AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
With Australia and New Zealand on the cusp of reopening to the world, and in readiness for the tourism rebound, Accor has launched a new talent attraction program, Work Your Way, to lure great talent to its workforce that will enrich the tourism industry’s future.
Accor is forecasting that over the coming months it will need to bolster its current workforce of 18,000 team members across Australia and New Zealand by up to 15%, whether that’s for a gap year or a career, as lockdowns end and borders reopen.
Accor’s Work Your Way program revolutionises recruitment in the tourism sector through:
- Same day hire: Accor has introduced a new same day hire process for frontline roles, such as food and beverage attendants, receptionists and housekeeping attendants to simplify and fast track the hiring process. Put simply, a candidate can walk or phone in, be hired, and start working all on the very same day.
- Personalised benefits: Accor’s already generous team member benefits have been bolstered with each hotel now offering a selection of additional perks personalised by their location and team preference, including travel allowances, birthday leave and sabbaticals.
- Open pathways to travel and work around the Pacific: Future and current team members now have greater opportunity to work and travel their way around Accor properties in the Pacific region than ever before.
- Advanced career development: A rewarding career is for everyone at Accor. Accor’s industry-leading training academy, Accor Academy, supports every team member’s career development with easy access to qualifications, practical skills and leadership programs.
- Flexible working for all: Accor believes every role, from housekeeping to management, should have flexibility so it has implemented new policy to ensure greater flexibility is available to all employees.
Accor Pacific CEO, Simon McGrath, said: “The hospitality industry has an exciting future ahead, and our guests are telling us that they cannot wait to start travelling again. As domestic, and soon international tourists, flock back to hotels and restaurants across Australia and New Zealand, the industry needs talented individuals who wish to build a rewarding career. I could never give back to the industry what it has given me in terms of career development and learning opportunities. I have worked for Accor for a long time, because you can be yourself and take your career wherever you want. Our teams bring diversity, experiences and stories to our culture, which makes Accor a community for all to excel. If you are passionate about caring for guests and doing your best, you will go far in our business.”
Accor’s Work Your Way program is about meeting people where they’re at. It’s about doing what matters in every part of a team member’s life – whether that’s finding time for 8am swimming lessons, 3pm school pick-ups, or facilitating their dream of working in outback Australia or the snowfields of the South Island.
Accor Pacific Senior Vice President Talent & Culture, Sarah Derry, said: “Lives and dreams don’t always fit neatly around working hours and current roles – that’s why we’ve introduced Work Your Way at Accor. This program will create dramatic positive change by attracting great talent that will enrich our industry’s future. We recognise that greater flexibility in the workplace creates a fulfilling and inclusive team member experience where our team can contribute in a healthy, stimulating and productive way, while advancing their career with the largest hotel operator in Australia and New Zealand.”
Accor is currently recruiting for more than 1,200 new career opportunities at most of its 400 hotels in Australia and New Zealand. Anyone interested in career opportunities at Accor should visit Accor’s global career page Accor Careers.
Earlier this year, Accor launched its Accor Internship Program, which works with 22 hospitality institutions across Australia and New Zealand to provide fully paid on the job training for 100 students. And, for two decades, the Accor Indigenous Programs have been a talent initiative playing a key role in empowering indigenous success within Australia’s hospitality industry.
Across all workplaces and spaces, there is one thing that binds the Accor team together – Heartist culture – which is their shared and unwavering obsession with the joys of human connection. Every Accor team member is trained in Heartist culture and its guiding principles. It is these principles that help the team to make all people feel valued and welcome.
Accor brands across the Pacific region include SO/, Sofitel, MGallery, Art Series, Pullman, Swissôtel, Mövenpick, Grand Mercure, Peppers, The Sebel, Mantra, Novotel, Mercure, Tribe, BreakFree, ibis, ibis Styles and ibis budget.