Iberia Offers New Premium Economy Class on Boston Flights
- Already available on New York, Chicago, Miami, Mexico City and Bogota flights
- Market response to new intermediate seating class even better than expected
Iberia’s new Premium Economy class will be available on the airline’s flights between Madrid and Boston this month. The new cabin is already available on flights between Madrid and Chicago, New York, Miami, Mexico City, as well as Bogota.
Iberia launched its Premium Economy class in May, and the market response has been very positive. Iberia’s Chief Commercial Officer, Marco Sansavini said “We had the highest hopes for the new seating class, but the response from the market has far exceeded our expectations. The load factor beats projections in the US market and also in Latin America, where we were the first airline to offer an intermediate class on direct flights to and from Spain”. He added, “Initial passenger surveys show that customers using the new class give the highest marks to the overall travel experience and to the price/quality ratio.”
More Comfort, More Room, More Luggage
Iberia’s Premium Economy Class features greater comfort, better service and many other advantages:
- 20% more distance between rows: 94 cm vs. 78.7 cm in Economy.
- Wider seats: 48 cm
- 40% deeper seatback recline: 7” vs. 5” in Economy
- More comfort: adjustable headrests and reclining footrests.
- Larger, sharper entertainment displays: Full HD, 12” vs. 9” in Economy, plus noise-cancelling headphones, power and connecting ports for electronic devices
- Special on-board service: complimentary welcome drink, gourmet menu, cloth table linen and a personalised toilet kit.
- More luggage: passengers booking Premium Economy are allowed to check-in two suitcases and have priority both at check-in and when boarding and leaving the aircraft.
Iberia has so far equipped six aircraft with the new seating class, which will soon be available in a total of 37 of its Airbus A330-300s, A340-600s and A350-900s.
About Iberia: Iberia is the leading carrier on routes between Europe and Latin America and it flies to 124 destinations in 48 countries in Europe, the Americas, Africa, Middle East and Asia. Together with its subsidiary Iberia Express and its franchise partner Iberia Regional/Air Nostrum, it operates about 600 flights each day with a fleet of some 135 aircraft. It offers easy and convenient connections at its hub in T4 in Madrid-Barajas airport.Iberia was the world’s most punctual airline in 2016, according to Flightstats and has recently been awarded the 4th Skytrax Star. The airline is a member of the oneworld alliance that operates more than 14,000 daily flights to some 1,000 destinations in more than 150 countries. For more information, please visit http://grupo.iberia.es